Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Muesday

Hello readers! It is that time again. Here's a little selection of what is inspiring me today. Not to worry, now that summer is in full swing, I'll be sure to post something other than inspiration! Look for at least one decidedly summer-themed recipe coming your way later this week. Now, without further ado...

I'm always amazed by the deliciousness found on Not Without Salt. These are gluten-free chocolate biscotti. Way back when, I helped coordinate catering for weddings, and one day a mother-of-the-bride brought the wedding guests (and service staff) some cinnamon sugar chocolate chip biscotti. It was the first time I ever liked biscotti and I've been dying to experiment with it since. 


If you know me at all, you know I cure a bad day with crack pie from Momofuku Milk Bar. Of course, since moving to Wisconsin, I've been going through David Chang-withdrawals. Now, at the very least, I'll have the recipe for his ooey-gooey (there is literally no better way to describe it), buttery, oat-y,  crack pie, thanks to Peas Love Carrots.


People. I'm not going to lie to you. So far, I've failed at making good granola twice.  My first attempt was sickeningly sweet. My second attempt tasted like...really nothing. But I am damn-determined to make some delicious, inexpensive granola and put it in beautiful ball jars by the end of this summer. Bitchin' Camero has re inspired me with her granola recipe, adapted from one she found in the New York Times.


This is the top, #1, main inspiration in my life right now. And it is so funny I ran across this because for weeks now, all I've thought about is upside down cakes (and yes, I did spend most of this week and last  week writing my Masters thesis proposal. Unfortunately, they won't give me a Masters degree in Journalism for researching upside down cakes. Wouldn't that be the life?) I digress. Look at this gorgeous apple upside down biscuit cake situation from The Pioneer Woman. Just goes to show you that summer + upside down cakes go hand in hand. And that the The Pioneer Woman is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...