Sunday, May 1, 2011

Magic Coffee


Once upon a time, in a town called Madison, WI there existed a lovely cafe named Cafe Soleil. This cafe had beautiful quiche and daily soups and the best damn almond croissant I've ever had. In my whole entire life. But what really set it this place apart, more than anything else, was the magic coffee.  
Yes, they actually called it that. Though Cafe Soleil has sadly vanished, Graze on the capitol square (another baby of awesome, recent James Beard Award Nominee Chef Tory Miller) does still offer magic coffee (and those equally magical almond croissants). I had the good fortune of learning a little bit about the secret recipe behind magic coffee from a source who shall remain unnamed, and-although I don't make it exactly the same-I think my version is pretty. darn. good. Seriously people, who couldn't use a change in their daily coffee routine? Give it a try--it still gives you quite a kick, but it tastes...well...magical. There's also a cocktail based on this, wait for that, because I promise when I post that cocktail recipe, it will be legendary. 
Magic Coffee
By Alexandra Rogers
Inspired by the Magic Coffee at Graze


Ingredients
1-1/2 cups freshly brewed coffee
1/2 cup milk (you choose--I like skim but the fattier the milk the creamier the drink)
1-1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar (do 2 Tablespoons if you like your coffee to taste more like sugar than coffee)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
dash nutmeg


Recipe
Combine all ingredients in a jar or tightly sealed tupperware container and shake. Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour. Serve over ice on a hot summer day! Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...